The following examinations are administered through our vendor, Prometric, on an ongoing basis:
- Diagnostic Skills Exam OSCE (DSE OSCE) – ADEX
- Florida Laws & Rules
- Computer Simulated Clinical Examination OSCE (CSCE OSCE) – ADEX
- Local Anesthesia (LA)
- Nitrous Oxide (NO)
- Florida Laws & Rules
- Dental Therapy OSCE (DT OSCE)
You must first register with THE CDCA (submit payment) and be approved before contacting Prometric to schedule an appointment.
Prometric Customer Service for information and scheduling:
*Please do not contact individual Prometric centers for scheduling or re-scheduling your exams.
Prometric Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
How do I register for computerized exams?
Candidates register for computerized exams through the “Registration tab” on their online CDCA candidate profiles. After selecting the exam you wish to register for, you must click on the “Prometric (third-party)” on the next page in order to continue registration. Prometric is the only third-party administrator of the CSCE, LA, NO, and FLR exams, so it will be your only choice. Do NOT select a state.
I have registered and paid for my Prometric exam. Why does it say “Not yet authorized”?
Once your payment has been processed, you will receive an email confirmation within 1 business day with additional instructions for scheduling. Please do not attempt to schedule your exam prior to receiving the authorization email even if you already have an eligibility number. The email will inform you that you have been authorized to make your appointment at a Prometric testing center to take the exam. At that time, you may use the Eligibility ID available on your CDCA profile, under the “Registration” tab.
What information do I need to provide to Prometric when scheduling?
Testing Agency Name/Sponsor (The Commission on Dental Competency Assessments) – CDCA, your name, your Eligibility ID.
How do I schedule an appointment?
You will need your Eligibility ID (available on your CDCA profile under the “Registration” tab to contact Prometric. There are two ways to schedule your appointment:
- Calling the Prometric Candidate Care Team, 1-800-797-1813 or 1-800-796-9857
- Online at their website at www.prometric.com. The website also provides a listing of test sites as well as an address and directions to each test center. In order to register online, you must provide an e-mail address.
If you schedule through the website, you must select THE CDCA as your test sponsor as your first step. Follow the website instructions until you receive a confirmation on your screen. Prometric will send you an e-mail confirming your appointment. Please contact Prometric as far in advance of your desired test date as possible. Prometric Centers are open for testing Monday through Saturday.
May I cancel or reschedule an appointment after it has been scheduled?
Yes. If candidates wish to change their computerized exam date or time, they must reschedule or cancel their appointment directly with Prometric 1 calendar day or more before their scheduled date and time. Rescheduling of appointments can be accomplished via www.prometric.com or by calling 800-796-9857; both are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. CDCA cannot cancel or reschedule your appointment. Candidates that fail to cancel an appointment within at least 1 business day prior to their scheduled exam time will have a no-show result and the fees will be forfeited.
There is a $50.00 fee to reschedule or cancel an appointment if the change is made 1 to 5 days before the scheduled test date and time. Cancelations are not accepted within less than 24 hours from the appointment time.
There is a $25 fee to reschedule or cancel an appointment if the change is made 6 to 29 days before the scheduled test date.
If you are rescheduling through the internet, you are encouraged to print out a hard-copy confirming your new appointment or cancellation.
Are there any requirements for admission to the center to take my exam?
Arrive at the Prometric Center at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in. You must bring two forms of government-issued ID, both of which must include your signature and at least one ID must contain a recent photograph. Both IDs must show the same “first and last name” displayed on your CDCA profile. If you legally changed your name and already scheduled an appointment with Prometric, please bring the legal name document with you on the day of the exam (example of name change documents: Marriage License, Divorce Decree, Naturalization Certificate). You can also contact a CDCA team member at least 48 hours before your scheduled Prometric appointment and your name will be updated. Candidates that fail to present appropriate ID will be turned away and the exam fees will be forfeited.
Acceptable forms of primary ID:
– Government-Issued Driver’s License, including temporary licenses if it contains both a photo and a signature and is not expired.
– U.S. Dept of State Driver’s License.
– National/State/Country Identification Card.
– Passport (US Passports and passports issued by any government other than the US government are acceptable.)
– Alien Registration Card (Green Card, Permanent Resident Visa) if it contains both a photo and a signature and is not expired.
– U.S. Military ID may be used if it contains a photo, signature, and is not expired.
– Voter ID card (plastic) if it contains a photo and signature and is not expired.
– Credit Card (A credit card can be used as a primary form of ID only if it contains both a photo and a signature and is not expired. Any credit card can be used as a secondary form of ID, if it contains a signature and is not expired.)
– Debit/(ATM) Card (A debit card can be used as a primary form of ID only if it contains both a photo and a signature and is not expired. Any debit card can be used as a secondary form of ID, if it contains a signature and is not expired.)
Acceptable forms of signature ID:
– Any IDs from the primary IDs list.
– Credit or Debit card with a signature.
– School ID non-expired with photo and signature.
– U.S. Military ID with signature.
Unacceptable forms of ID:
Social Security Card • Voter Registration Card (paper) • Library Card
Do I need any specific computer knowledge?
No. Computer knowledge is definitely not required for you to take computerized testing at Prometric. Before your test begins, the computer presents a simple tutorial that explains the process of selecting answers and moving around the computer screen. The time you spend in the tutorial does not count against the time allotted for the exam. The Center Administrator takes care of setting up the computer and is always available to answer any questions you may have about the computer-based testing process. In addition, a computer “Help” feature is always available.
May I bring any materials with me into the testing room?
No, you will not be allowed to bring any materials with you into the testing room. You may, however, lock up your personal belongings in a locker provided by Prometric.
Do Prometric Centers have facilities for special accommodations such as signers, wheelchairs, or readers?
Yes, all Prometric Centers comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Most special needs can be accommodated with permission and prior approval of the CDCA. Instructions on how to request Special Accommodations can be found by going to – Exam Registration Instructions. Do not contact Prometric to schedule an appointment before you receive a final response from CDCA regarding your accommodation request.
When is the best time of the year to take the DSE OSCE or CSCE?
The best time is as soon as possible once you register, pay, and receive an Eligibility ID. The sooner you take your exam, the more time you have to retake it if you should fail on your first attempt. All parts of the ADEX Examination (clinical or computer-based) must be successfully completed within 18 months. Please access Dental Exams and Dental Hygiene Exams for specific time frame information.
When do I receive my result?
Your results are automatically downloaded by the CDCA for processing and will be posted to your online profile within 10 days of completion.