The Expanded Function Dental Auxiliary competency assessment consists of a patient simulated clinical examination and a computer based written examination.
The patient-simulated Auxiliary Restorative Examination (ARE) is scheduled at a clinical examination site, and consists of the restoration of three prepared teeth (anterior composite, posterior composite, posterior amalgam) on a typodont.
The Auxiliary Computer Examination (ACE) examination is administered at PSI testing centers, and can be taken anytime for up to one year after applying for the exam. Details about the written exam can be found at www.psiexams.com.
Ohio Application Information
In order to be eligible for the examination, one of the following criteria must apply:
- Graduate of an accredited educational (Expanded Function Dental Auxiliary) program that complies with standards set forth in the Ohio Administrative Code, Section 4715-11, EFDA Guidelines.
- Unlicensed dentist who has graduated from an accredited dental college and does not have a dental license under suspension or revocation by the boards;
- Dental student who is enrolled in an accredited dental college and is considered by the dean of the dental school to be in good standing as a dental student;
- Graduate of an unaccredited dental college located outside the United States;
- Dental assistant who is certified by the Dental Assisting National Board, or the Ohio Commission on Dental Assistant Certification;
- Licensed dental hygienist whose license is in good standing; or
- Unlicensed dental hygienist who has graduated from an accredited dental hygiene program, and does not have a dental hygiene license under suspension or revocation by the board.
|Examination Fees: Dental Auxiliary (EFDA)|
|Full Exam (Patient-Simulated & Computer-Based)||$695*|
|Patient-Simulated (Partial or Retake)||$545*|
|Computer-Based (Partial or Retake)||$150|
|*Includes new typodont|
|Additional Services & Fees:|
|Facility Fee (varies by exam site)||Refer to Facility Fee & Information Sheet|
|Late Registration Fee (non-refundable)||$250 (Patient-Simulated only)|
|Exam Deferral (non-refundable)||$100|
|Refund (post deadline)||$100|
|Score Report||$35 (per address)|