The Florida Department of Health (FLDOH) has contracted with The Commission on Dental Competency Assessments (CDCA) to provide the Laws and Rules examination which is one of the requirements for Dental and Dental Hygiene licensure in the state of Florida. The Laws and Rules examination is not part of the ADEX examination. It is an optional examination offered to any eligible Dental or Dental Hygiene professional that wishes to take the exam as part of the certification process to obtain a Dental License/Certificate in Florida.
- Candidates who have previously registered with the CDCA online can login to their profiles HERE to register for the examination.
- Candidates who have NOT previously registered online with the CDCA should review the exam scheduling instructions HERE prior to creating a profile and registering for the examination.
- The Florida Laws and Rules examination is administered through our vendor, Prometric, on a continuous basis. Instructions on making an appointment are provided after the candidate has registered and paid the fee. Additional information on taking examinations with Prometric can be found on our website HERE.
- The fee for the examination is: Dental $135
- Chapter 456: Health Professions and Occupations: General Provisions
- Chapter 466: Dentistry, Dental Hygiene and Dental Laboratories